|[轉發] [澳洲-University Of Wollongong 博士班高額獎學金機會]
轉知澳洲臥隆崗大學Prof. Jiatong Wang(
PhD Scholarship Opportunities
University Of Wollongong ARC Future Grids ITTC - Leading the transformation to a clean energy future
ARC Future Grids ITTC PhD scholarship program aims to develop future leaders in power and energy with a strong commitment to advancing the transition to a clean energy future. These scholarships provide unique opportunities to tackle critical global challenges, and to receive world-class training and professional development from world-leading researchers.
The ARC Future Grids Industrial Transformation Training Centre (ITTC), led by the University of Wollongong, is a 5 year, $8.5m research and training program, bringing together 6 Universities and 15 industry partners across five Australian states to deliver innovative research that will advance Australia’s transition to a clean energy future. The centre is offering 20 scholarships across 5 universities over the 5 year period.
Working within a large research entity (60 people including 20+ PhDs, 5+ post-Docs), the appointee will work closely with the industry partner organisation to undertake applied, industry-focussed research, as well as collaborating with the ARC Future Grids ITTC team. The successful appointee will be supported through additional mentoring, training, and personal development and will also have an opportunity to take on a 12-month industry placement.
Research projects range from challenges in energy generation, transmission, and distribution, to consumer behaviour and hydrogen energy. The position will be responsible for conducting research within a specific program related to that field. The role will also involve planning, experimentation, data analysis, report writing and the communication of results to industry and through peer-reviewed journal articles.
• Improving frequency response of the grid using grid-forming inverter-based generation
• High-performance zinc-ion batteries for grid-scale energy storage
• Design of a phase-locked loop for inverters to avoid grid synchronisation instability
• Optimal mix of generation in power grid rich with renewables to maximise economic benefits under uncertainty
• Progressive model predictive control for the management of grid-connected energy and water resources
Successful applicants will receive a stipend of up to $29,863–$36,16 p.a. With the ARC Future Grids ITTC offering top-up scholarships valued up to $7,000 for suitable candidates. The duration of the award shall be for 3.5 years (full-time study).
To be eligible for this scholarship the applicant must:
• Have an academic qualification. Applicants should hold a Masters by Research, or an Honours 1st class undergraduate degree in electrical engineering or equivalent combination of professional experience and academic qualifications.
• Be based at the Wollongong campus or other listed partner university and at times at Industry Partner Organisations.
• Communication skills in both in writing and orally, presenting research work and outcomes to different audiences.
Highly desirable experience:
• Experience in research in the area of the research program.
• Industry experience and academic publications.
• Simulation modelling experience and laboratory hardware experience.
• Applicants should submit a cover letter detailing relevant experience and research interest; CV with names and addresses of two referees; and Academic transcripts.
• Applicants should indicate the Research Program(s) for which they are interested in.
• Both domestic and international prospective candidates are encouraged to apply. International applicants should include valid IELTS or TOEFL score.
For more information, contact ARC Future Grids ITTC