ChiMei Building 6F R95603
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering Division, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
M.S., Institute of Electrical Control Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Exchange Student, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
B.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) Undergraduate Honors Program, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Principle Engineer, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Ltd., Hsinchu, Taiwan
Senior Research Engineer, Arm Research, Arm Ltd., Cambridge, UK
Engineering Intern, Qualcomm Technologies International, Cambridge, UK
Intern Component Engineer, Cisco Systems Inc., Taipei, Taiwan
Research Assistant, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- Low-power analog integrated circuits for edge-computing
- Low-power Power management integrated circuits for IoTs
- Wireless power transfer receiver
- One-time programmable, non-volatile memory integrated circuits
- Ultra Wideband wireline transmitter
- Benoit Labbe, Philex Fan, Thanusree Achuthan, Pranay Prabhat, Graham Peter Knight, James Myers, “A Supply Voltage Control Method for Performance Guaranteed Ultra-Low-Power Microcontroller”, in IEEE Journal of Soild-State Circuits (JSSC), vol. 56, issue 2, pp. 601-611, February, 2021.
- Philex Ming-Yan Fan, Anand Savanth, Benoit Labbe, Pranay Prabhat, and James Myers, “A 0.98nW/kHz 33kHz Fully-Integrated Subthreshold-Region Operation RC Oscillator With Forward-Body Biasing,” in IEEE Solid-State Circuit Letters (SSC-L), vol. 2, issue 9, pp. 175-178, October 2019.
- Philex Ming-Yan Fan, and Mohamad Hazwan bin Mohd Daut, “Near-Unity Power Factor, Voltage Step-Up/Down Conversion Mono-periodical Pulse-Width Modulated Integrated Switching Rectifier for Near-Field Wireless Power Transfer,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics (TPEL), vol. 34, issue 11, 2019.
- Po-Hung Chen, Tze-Tun Su, and Philex Ming-Yan Fan, “Thermoelectric Energy Harvesting Interface Circuit with Capacitive Bootstrapping Technique for Energy-Efficient IoT Devices,” in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 5, issue 5, pp.4058-4065, October 2018.
- Po-Hung Chen, and Philex Ming-Yan Fan, “An 83.4% Peak Efficiency Single-Inductor Multiple-Output Based Adaptive Gate Biasing DC-DC Converter for Thermoelectric Energy Harvesting,” in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I (TCAS-I), vol. 62, issue 2, pp. 405-412, March 2015.
- Anand Savanth, Philex Fan, Sahan Gamage, Thanusree Achuthan and Fernando Garcia-Redondo, “-17dBm Differential Charge Pump EPC Gen2 UHF RFID Demodulator for 9 dB Receive Sensitivity Boost,” in IEEE Asian Solid-State Circuits Conference, Accepted, 2021
- Shaun Chou, Gu-Huan Li, Shawn Chen, Jun-Hao Chang, Wan-Hsueh Cheng, Shao-Ding Wu, Philex Fan, Chia-En Huang, Yu-Der Chih, Yih Wang, and Jonathan Chang, “A 16Kb Antifuse One-Time-Programmable Memory in 5nm High-K Metal-Gate FinFET CMOS Featuring Bootstrap High Voltage Scheme, Read Endpoint Detection and Pseudo-Differential Sensing,” in IEEE Symposium on VLSI Circuits, June, 2021.
- Pranay Prabhat, Benoit Labbe, Graham Knight, Anand Savanth, Jonas Svedas, Matthew J. Walker, Supreet Jeloka, Philex Ming-Yan Fan, Fernando Garcia-Redondo, Thanusree Achuthan and James Myers, “M0N0: A Performance-Regulated 0.8-38MHz DVFS Arm Cortex-M33 SIMD MCU With 10nW Sleep Power,” in IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) – Digest of Technical Papers, February, 2020.
- Philex Fan, Anand Savanth, Benoit Labbe, Pranay Prabhat, and James Myers, “A 0.98nW/kHz 33kHz Fully-Integrated Subthreshold-Region Operation RC Oscillator With Forward-Body Biasing,” in Proceedings of IEEE European Solid-State Circuits Conference (ESSCIRC), September 2019.
- Philex Ming-Yan Fan, Hashem Zare-Hoseini, David G. Hasko, and Arokia Nathan, “High Power Factor Wireless Power Transfer Front-End Circuit For Heterogeneous Systems”, in IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), pp. 444-447, August 2017.
- hilex Ming-Yan Fan, Oi-Ying Wong, Ming-Jie Chung, Tze-Yun Su, Xin Zhang, and Po-Hung Chen, “Energy Harvesting Techniques: Energy Sources, Power Management and Conversion”, in European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design (ECCTD), pp. 1-4, August 2015.
- Wen-Shen Chou, Po-Hsien Huang, Ming-Yan Fan, Ke-Horng Chen, Kuei-Ann Wen, Zhih Han Tai, Yi Hsuan Cheng, Chi Chung Tsai, Hsin-Yu Luo, Shih-Ming Wang, Long-Der Chen, Cheng-Chen Yang, and Jui-Lung Chen, “Embedded Fully Self-Biased Switched-Capacitor for Energy and Area-Efficient Cholesteric LCD Drivers” in Proceedings of IEEE European Solid-State Circuits Conference (ESSCIRC), pp. 351-354, September 2013.
- Yu-Huei Lee, Po-Hsien Huang, Ming-Yan Fan, Wei-Chung Chen, Ke-Horng Chen, Sheng-Fa Liu, Pao-Hsien Chiu, Sandy Chen, Chun-Yu Shen, Ming-Ta, Hsieh, Huai-An Li, Chang-An Ho, Chih-Jen Chen, and Chao-Chiun Liang, “Energy and Area-Efficient Driving Scheme in Cholesteric LCD by Embedded fully Symmetric Self-Biased Switched-Capacitor” in Proceedings of The Society For Information Display (SID) Dig. Tech. Papers, vol. 43, pp. 587-591, June 2012.
- Wei-Chung Chen, Chao-Chang Chiu, Chun-Yu Hsieh, Tzu-Chi Huang, Yu-Huei Lee, Yao-Yi Yang, Chun-Jen Shih, Ming-Yan Fan, and Ke-Horng Chen, “A Single-Inductor Bipolar-Output Converter with 5mV Positive Voltage Ripple for Active Matrix OLED,” in IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), September 2011.
- Yu-Huei Lee, Ming-Yan Fan, Wei-Chung Chen, Ke-Horng Chen, Sheng-Fa Liu, Pao-Hsien Chiu, Sandy Chen, Chun-Yu Shen, Ming-Ta, Hsieh, and Huai-An Li, “A Near-Zero Cross-Regulation Single-Inductor Bipolar-Output (SIBO) Converter with an Active- Energy-Correlation Control for Driving Cholesteric-LCD,” in Proceedings of IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference(CICC), pp. 1-4, September 2011.
- Kuan-Yu Chu, Yu-Huei Lee, Ming-Yan Fan, Ke-Horng Chen, Sheng-Fa Liu, Pao-Hsien Chiu, Sandy Chen, Chun-Yu Shen, Ming-Ta, Hsieh, and Huai-An Li, “A Single-Inductor Bipolar-Output Converter with Power Conservation Mechanism (PCM) for Driving Cholesteric LCD,” in Proceedings of The Society For Information Display (SID) Dig. Tech. Papers, vol. 42, issue 1, pp. 1300-1303, June 2011.
- Chun-Jen Shih, Yu-Huei Lee, Yang-Ching Lin, Ming-Yan Fan, Ke-Horng Chen, Sheng-Fa Liu, Pao-Hsien Chiu, Sandy Chen, Chun-Yu Shen, Ming-Ya Hsieh, Huai-An Lo, Yean-Kuo Luo, and Wei-Chou hsu, “An LCD Supplied by Highly Integrated Dual-Side Dual-Output Switched-Capacitor Regulator with Only Two Flying Capacitors,” in Proceedings of The Society For Information Display (SID) Dig. Tech. Papers, vol. 42, issue 1, pp. 1304-1307, June 2011.
- Yao-Yi Yang, Chun-Yu Hsieh, Tzu-Chi Huang, Yu-Huei Lee, Shih-Wei Wang, Ming-Yan Fan, Ming-Jhe Du, Shih-Hsien Cheng, and Ke-Horng Chen, “A 80V Output Voltage Boost Converter with Low Voltage Ripple for Avalanche Photodiode (APD),” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 757-760, May 2011.
- Yu-Huei Lee, Ming-Hsin Huang, Yu-Nong Tsai, Ming-Yan Fan, and Ke-Horng Chen, “A single-inductor multiple positive and negative outputs(SIMPNO) converter with a vector current control mode for electronic paper displays(EPDs)” in Proc. IEEE European Solid-State Circuits Conference (ESSCIRC), pp. 446-449, September 2010.
- Ming-Hsin Huang, Yu-Huei Lee, Yu-Nong Tsai, Ming-Yan Fan, and Ke-Horng Chen, “A Single-Inductor Multi-Output Converter with Multi-Vector Current Control in Power-Saving Driving Skill of Electronic Paper Displays (EPDs),” in Proceedings of The Society For Information Display (SID) Dig. Tech. Papers, vol. 41, issue 1, pp. 369-373, May 2010.
- Philex Ming-Yan Fan, Parameshwarappa Anand Kumar Savanth, Benoit Labbe, Bal S Sandhu, Pranay Prabhat, James Edward Myers, "Integrated Oscillator," US Patent No. 10903822, May 2021.
- James Edward Myers, Philex Ming-Yan Fan, "Clock adjusting techniques," US Patent no. 10886919, Jan., 2021
- Benoit Labbe, Graham Peter Knight, Philex Ming-Yan Fan, "Performance regulation techniques," US Patent no. 10886847, 2021.
- Philex Ming-Yan Fan, Benoit Labbe, Parameshwarappa Anand Kumar Savanth, "Bias Current Generating Techniques," US Patent Application no. 16520112, 2021.
- Philex Ming-Yan Fan, Richard Nguyen, Manjunatha Poojary, "Apparatus and method for generating temperature-indicating signal using correlated-oscillators," US Patent no. 10473530, 2019.
- Po-Hung Chen, Ming-Yan Fan, "SIMO based DC-DC converters for thermoelectric energy harvesting," US Patent no. 10476388, 2019.
- Ke-Horng Chen, Jean-Shin Wu, Yu-Nong Tsai, Ming-Yan Fan, "Inductive conversion device and energy control method," US Patent no. 8305054, 2012.
- Low-Power Single-Inductor Quad-Output (SIQO) DC-DC Step-Down Power Converter, 2021/09~2023/08, Himax Technologies, Inc.
- Yu-Shan Youth Scholar Program, 2021/08˜2026/07, Ministry of Education
- Low-Power Serdes Transmitter for USB4, 2021/12˜2023/10, Genesys Logic.
- A high-power factor ac-dc switching rectifier capable of voltage regulation, battery charging and feedforward envelope detection for near-field wireless power transfer, 2022/01˜2024/12, Ministry of Science and Technology
Current Academic Year Lab Members
Graduates of all Previous Years
- Yushan Youth Scholar of MOE, 2021.
- Yu-Jen Scholar of NCKU, 2021.
- Tomorrow's Engineer of UK, 2017.
- Taiwan-Cambridge Scholarship of MOE and Cambridge University, 2014-2017.